This is a long post. Brace yourself.
Today I woke up thinking it would be another normal day for me. I did not go to work, because i am under a quarantine order. News came up last night that people from my hospital are sent to a Quarantine Centre to 'serve the quarantine sentence'.
As paranoid as me, i decided to start packing last night. News reported that there are 78 people to be sent there. I have not received any call last night.
I though i would be spared. I am more worried about contracting the virus during the journey there. If any PUI on the bus with me is tested positive, im game over.
To be honest. I am still abit agitated at the thought of going to be sent there. The nice photos of the place had helped to calm me down abit. At least its not like a detention camp.
At 1.40pm, I received a call telling me to assembly at Arena Square to board the bus at 2pm.
I was driving, on the way to my parents house to collect my lunch and dinner as per normal routine. With such SUPER short notice to get ready within 20 minutes, and my parents apparently in no less shock than me when they got to know the news, i gobbled down my fried rice lunch in car.
I then rush home to pack. I am really glad that I have started packing yesterday and have transferred all the dramas into my phone. I wouldnt have any time to do that today! I dont want to bring my Surface Pro here because i have no idea to decontaminate it later.
I packed my own electric kettle in the black bag.
My mum sent me to the assembly point as i dont wanna leave my car there for 2 weeks. Yes i would need to stay there until 10th April according to the Quarantine Order. Sorry mum that I stressed you out. Thank you for sending me to the station.
I am the last person to reach here at 3pm. Went back to clinic to drop the Key to my colleague and picked up an N95 mask because i will be travelling in same vehicle with high risk Covid for quite some time.
The kind kakak on duty has offered to take video of me being decontaminated. Maybe because i am too noisy? THIS IS NOT PESTICIDE OK.
I then need to change into Hospital In-patient clothes... i cannot bring my favourite minion t-shirt that i am wearing!! It is to be collected from the hospital dobi upon my discharge. Have i know this i would have worn a super old aunty tshirt.
I am not sick ok. My first swab result is still pending. Sorry for the senget N95. I am overwhelmed.
Because i am noisy, i manage to chat with the Abam bomba who escorted my bus. They are in Hazmat suit ALL THE TIME since morning. They have not eaten lunch. After my bus is the last bus, they will then need to go back to Ipoh.
It was already 6.15pm when i got down from the bus. I am the Lucky Last.
I would like to pay my tribute to the team: Abam Police is clearing the path. Abam bomba decontaminating everyone and driving us there. Abam tentera who register me. Abam who sent us food. Kakak who manages our laundry and many funny request of the other PUI residents.
Everyone worked so hard. But I am on the receiving end.
THANK YOU
Institut Latihan Statistik Malaysia (ILSM) Sungkai
Quarantine Station Covid-19 Negeri Perak
It does look nice!! The sky was still clear when the buses arrived at 4.15pm.
It wasnt until 5.15pm when the first bus people starting to alight. It was raining heavily. Abam bomba are all drenched in rain. Hungry and cold.
I later found out that ILSM side has not rest much after the first batch and they have not yet prepared to receive us. Hence the delay.
I am sorry. I am supposed to work too. :(
I have calculated. It takes an average 3 to 4 minutes for one person to register and get in. I am really lucky because the rain has stopped when it was my turn. I am the last patient. No.70.
I walked through these blue tents to reach a station to check my Vital Signs and confirm my name and IC.
My BP was 155/108. Pulse rate 126.
I must be really stressed.
Repeated 2 times. Final BP 132/103. PR 99.
Hmmmmm....
Then i was instructed to dip my feet in dont know what solution before i get to the station to obtain my room key. The 2 abam has fogged all over their face shields they could barely see!
I was then given 2 goodie bags
1st bag - small towel. 3 toothbrushes (why so many toothbrush?), 1 toothpaste, 1 comb, 1 powder, 1 shampoo, 1 bodywash.
2nd bag - 3 masks, 1 alcohol sanitizer (smells really good), 1 feverscan.
They really have prepared everything!
I stay at Room 319. Quite a good view. I am so happy~
The accomodation is 4 star. Fully air-conditioned. High speed WiFi provided. Finally settled down at around 7.30pm.
My room at night
Only there is no curtain, no bedsheet, no pillow cover.
Many insects at night because they were attracted by the lights. I have no idea how they got in though, the insects are like size of a bee. Gotta catch'em all.
Looking at infection control perspectives, this is totally understandable.
But there are a few who kept making noise about this and do not understand the admin's instruction in the Whatsapp group.
Why can they be so demanding? We got all the free foods free lodging free healthcheck everyday.
Food and water delivered at your doorstep.
Yet there is one person kept asking: why must put food on the floor?
It is zero contact. We are deemed infectious unless proven otherwise. The frontliners who serve us need to be protected from people like you.
They are working so hard already. Please give them compliments instead of complaints.
Best if any of us would donate to the fund.
Malaysian government is the BEST
My first dinner here. Tomyam chicken, egg and rice. And jambu.
The management said to bring own biscuit ans snacks... but you see, how much biscuits and snacks here? I dont even eat that much normally.
I requested for a new set of clothes because the one i wear during my journey here got dirty.
THIS IS THE CUTEST HOSPITAL PATIENT CLOTHES i have ever seen. My own pyjamas also not this cute.
Happy me in this clothes. Yay to the pants! The sarung i need to wear to travel here keep dropping and i didnt wear any pants inside. Omg right? Emergency youtube on how to tie a sarung to save my own ass.
My friend has created this cartoon from the picture.
All of us are being quarantined at different places.
Introducing the group member of
戳鼻飙泪酥麻脑颤抖正负一族
Middle is Ketua
These people are my greatest entertainment these days. 4 of us wearing hospital clothes except Ketua.
Covid has somehow bring us closer and 废-er.
Still have some work to pass over tomorrow.
I am thankful for everything that is happening.
From the kind pkd kakak who filmed me being sprayed. To the exhausted abam bomba. To the 4-star shelter and food i receive.























0 掌声与尖叫:
Post a Comment